2014 Wrap Up

In the words of the consummate crooner, Frank Sinatra, "It was a very good year."  2014 was filled with photo shoots, pop up shops and hunting for vintage treasures.  What else could a vintage loving gal ask for? Add in a few opportunities to support the local arts and theatre scene in Kelowna, and you've got a practically perfect year for Perch Travelling Boutique.
I had the absolute pleasure of providing styling services to almost twenty photo shoots this year. From the pin up look to the pomp of Marie Antoinette, I outfitted them all!  The final images of each photo project I was involved with blew me away... every time! And, Chris Velasco of Stay Crispy Photography made the sweetest video for us. Seriously, it is just perfect.



Perch Travelling Boutique Look Book 2014 from Chris Velasco on Vimeo.

In an effort to develop Perch's presence on a larger scale, I opened not one, but two semi-permanent pop up shops in 2014. The first shop was inside the Lake Country Art Gallery, and was open throughout the month of March. The second 'shop within a shop' opened on November 15 at Mission Trading Company, and will remain open until the end of January, 2015. As part of my partnership with Mission Trading Co. I started a  new blog, Perch and Mission, with the goal of showcasing the unique and diverse artists and designers that sell their wares at our eclectic shop.
2014 is also the year I opened Perch Travelling Shop , the Etsy store cousin to the blue bus boutique. And because Perch is a member of the Etsy community, we were chosen as a vendor at the very first Etsy "Made In Canada Marketplace" (which was a fantastic event, by the way!).
Some pieces in my vintage collection are just too special to keep on the blue bus or in a pop up shop  (like my bridal dress collection,  or my selection of little black dresses), so I created a Home Studio for just such treasures. The studio is open by appointment, and is also available for photo shoots and private tours.

The Home Studio, in development





Lake Country Art Gallery Pop Up Shop



















Mission Trading Co. Pop Up Shop

Perch is an active supporter of New Vintage Theatre.  Back in September, the blue bus made an appearance at their production of 'Confessions Of A Paperboy'. I've been able to lend costumes to the theatre company, which was always part of the 'bigger picture' I envisioned for my little shop: to contribute to the thriving arts' culture in and around Kelowna.


Our ad in the New Vintage Theatre Playbill















The Lake Country Arts Bazaar held monthly outdoor markets this past summer, and I was more than happy to work with the development committee to spread the word about this new  and vibrant event.  The blue bus was at every sale day, and it was such a wonderful experience to be included in Lake Country's annual Art Walk.



Lake Country Arts Bazaar


















For Valentine's Day we partnered with our friends at Zangbell and Gill, and hosted a Grand Opening Party -slash- weekend Perch pop up shop.  If you haven't been to their amazing showroom, you really should go. 
When the Okanagan Wolfman calls, I try my best to attend whatever event he pitches to me.  So when he suggested I bring the blue bus to Boyd's Father's Day Car show I was there! The West Coast Momma Collective hosted two successful Fairs in 2014, and we brought the blue bus to each one.  And I have to say I love being a vendor at Fabulous Finds!  So  many creative and inspiring artists under one roof is ...well, fabulous!  In December we had the opportunity to spend the day at a one day Pop Up Shop that was located in Kelowna's newest coffee shop hot spot, Third Space Coffee
In 2014, I realized that there is so much farther I can go with this shop that started in a tiny trailer; it has blossomed into an enterprise far greater than 'just' a clothing store. Perch is everywhere! I am more than ready, willing and able to donate to local non profit organizations like the Okanagan Boys and Girls Club. I took the blue bus to the House Of Rose Winery in support of the Kelowna Women's Shelter.
2015 is destined to be one for the record books. So on the eve of a new year that is bursting with countless opportunities, I wish you love, peace and vintage!

Let's wrap this up with a look at the incredible photo shoots I helped bring to life this year...




Megan Hartridge /689 Photography




CATO Design Students

Alisha Khan Photography

C2 Photography

Chris Velasco/ Stay Crispy Photography

Chris Velasco/ Stay Crispy Photography

Jessica Balfour Photography

Grant Johnson

Grant Johnson

Grant Johnson

KCL Photography

LG Photography

LG Photography

Lori Brown Photography

Okanagan Photography

Rye Porritt Photography

Rye Porritt Photography

KCL Photography

Okanagan Photography

I am so grateful that I have worked with some of the finest photographers, designers, stylists and artists in the Okanagan:

L.G. Photography
Blue Sage Farm - Floral Design
Old's Cool Designs
Megan Hartridge,(689 Photography)
        Photography Assistant – Kim Cederholm

Little Buttons
Gillian Jones, Midtown Studio

Courtney’s Cosplay & Cosmetics
Alisha Khan Photography

Rye Porritt Photography
Jessica Balfour Photography
Okanagan Photography
Jasmine Wasylyk,
Hair Aura
Lori Brown Photography
Grant Johnson - Grantstudio
C2 Photography
Toby Wesenberg - Makeup Artist
Krista Cook, Mosaic Party & Event Design
Kaleena Cakes
Tangerine Orchid
Natural Touch Wedding and Event Planning
Inspirado Designs, Mobile Hair Services
The Mobile Studio
Serena Phelan~ Just U with color
Bramble Pryde - MAC Cosmetics
Stay Crispy
Nails By Amber

... and much obliged to the models who were a part of  these projects.

I want to give a special thanks to my muse, Maria.  It has been one adventure after another with this dame.

Grantstudio
 The camera loves you, babe!  xo


No comments:

Post a Comment