An Invitation

When I opened Perch Travelling Boutique I knew I wanted to do more than just sell clothes~ I wanted to come up with creative ways to become a part of the community. In the past, we've contributed to local fundraisers and we participated in Kelowna's first Culture Crawl.

Just a couple of weeks ago I received an invitation to bring the blue bus to the Blue Heron Villa, a beautiful assisted living development in Lake Country. It seems a resident there had read about the 'vintage boutique inside a blue bus' and inquired about having us stop by for a visit. After a brief discussion with the recreation coordinator, I am happy to say Perch Travelling Boutique will be setting up shop this Friday, November 8th, from 10am-1pm at Blue Heron Villa!

My hope is that the residents will enjoy looking at my vintage clothing collection, and will begin to share stories about, "the time I wore a dress just like this one," or, "when we wore these skirts in school".




Invitations such as this one are just what I had in mind when I imagined Perch Travelling Boutique becoming a unique and recognizable addition to the community. I have feeling our visit to the Blue Heron Villa is going to be a 'hoot'!

No comments:

Post a Comment